Gray Matters Capital coLABS 2020Investing in market-based enterprises that demonstrably impact women & girls
|Application deadline||Jun 30|
Agribusiness, Clean technology and energy, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Water, sanitation and hygiene
About the Program
Are women and girls crucial to, and an intentional part of your business model?
Does your enterprise work towards creating improved and sustainable futures for women and girls?
If yes, then apply now to coLABS, Gray Matters Capital’s gender-lens impact investing fund.
coLABS is an early-stage investment portfolio seeking to invest in bold, innovative, and widely scalable social enterprises that have the potential to dramatically improve the lives of women and girls across communities in Africa. In addition to the financial support, coLABS also works towards building the capacities of social entrepreneurs and social enterprises by extending advisory support and connecting them with other stakeholders in the social impact ecosystem.
We are now accepting pre-screening applications for the 2nd quarter of 2020. The deadline to receive the applications is June 30, 2020.
What do we look for in early-stage companies?
- Impact on Women – Does your enterprise work towards creating better futures for women and girls? Are you intentional about serving women?
- Scalable – Do you have a scalable business model with solid potential for rapid growth within the next 5 years to exponentially impact the lives of women and girls? Are you ready to scale your business to maximize both social impact and financial returns?
- Innovative – Are you bringing something new to market?
- Early Stage – Have you tested your idea and seen it to be sustainable? Is revenue-share the appropriate type of investment for this enterprise?
- Focus or sector: For this application cycle, we are specifically looking for post-revenue enterprises that are leveraging technology to provide women and/or girls access to:
- Financial and/or social capital;
- Health and/or other care services;
- Skill building, education and other capacity-building resources;
- Essential goods and services.
- Current regional focus: East and West Africa
How do we invest?
- Seed investments from USD $100,000 – $250,000
- Revenue-share investment terms over 5 years (no debt, equity, or grant capital)
- 12 months of strategic advisory support from recruited industry experts to reach proof-of-concept for your venture
How to apply?
For more information about coLABS’ criteria, investment model (including sample term sheet), current portfolio companies, visit the coLABS website.
- Step 1 Pre-screen application: All interested applicants must submit a pre-screening application form. Our team will internally review the application to ascertain the fit.
- Step 2 Full Proposal: If your idea meets our criteria, we will reach out to you to submit a formal proposal.
- Step 3 Proposal Refinement: If the enterprise is shortlisted for the next stage, we will work with you in refining your pitch to meet the provisions of our Investment Committee.
- Step 4 The Bulge: Opportunity to pitch to our Investment Committee.