Gray Matters Capital (GMC), through coLABS, is investing in early-stage social enterprises that are creating more inclusive and prosperous futures for women and girls around the world. coLABS invests in innovative start-ups by providing up to $250,000 in seed investment capital. In addition to the financial support, coLABS also works towards building the capacities of social entrepreneurs and social enterprises by extending advisory support and connecting them with other stakeholders in the social impact ecosystem. In the next investment cycle in Q3 2019, coLABS is seeking to deploy capital to support entrepreneurs who are solving critical challenges that women across the world face.
What do we look for in early-stage companies?
- Impact on Women – Does your enterprise work towards creating better futures for women and girls?
- Scalable – Will your enterprise grow enough within 5 years to reach new markets and exponentially impact the lives of women and girls? Are you ready to scale your business to maximize both social and financial returns?
- Innovative – Are you bringing something new to market? Is your innovation disrupting the status quo?
- Early Stage – Have you tested your idea, seen it to be sustainable? Is revenue-share the appropriate type of investment for your enterprise?
How do we invest?
- Seed investments from USD $50,000 – $250,000
- Revenue-share investment terms over 5 years (no debt, equity, or grant capital)
- 12 months of strategic advisory support from recruited industry experts to reach proof-of-concept for your venture
For more information about coLABS’ criteria, investment model (including sample term sheet), current portfolio companies, and to apply year-round, visit the coLABS website.
|Application deadline||September 30|
|Organizer||coLABS Investment Fund|
|Location||1162 North Highland Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry|