|Application deadline||Feb 29|
|Program dates||Mar 31 - 9:00 - Jun 30 - 18:00|
|Location||Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, The Netherlands|
Clean technology and energy, Community water systems, Diversified services, Green transportation and electric motors, Leisure and travel, Renewable energy, Smart city solutions, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene
Booking.com’s mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. In order to preserve and protect the world’s destinations for generations to come, we believe that sustainable travel is the way forward. We know that there is still lots of work to be done in order to make it easier for everyone to experience the world sustainably.
That’s why the 2020 Booking Booster is looking for ambitious startups, social enterprises and non-profit organizations offering technology-led sustainability solutions that want to develop their efforts in operation more sustainably. Booking.com will look at scalability as one of the key factors in determining a project’s potential to shape how local, regional and global players approach sustainable accommodation.
THE 2020 BOOKING BOOSTER – Products and Services
This program supports products and services that can help accommodations to become sustainable. Booking.com is looking for organizations that are working on solutions in the following categories that can scale their solution to accommodations in multiple regions.
- Waste: reduction, conservation, or recycling of waste
- Water: reduction conservation of water used by accommodation or the property
- Energy and greenhouse gases: reduction of energy and/or greenhouse gases generated or used by the accommodation
- Destination and community: empowerment and engagement of local community
- Biodiversity and ecosystems: preservation and restoration of the natural environment and wildlife
What we offer
- A 10-day accelerator program as a guest of Booking.com at our headquarters in Amsterdam
- One-on-one sessions with high-level experts at Booking.com
- Your personal Booking.com mentor during and 12 months after the program that will support your execute your scaling plans
- Indefinite access to the Booking.com volunteer program
- The opportunity to pitch your business and impact in front of a live audience and our panel of judges
- A chance to win a share of the €2.6 million fund
What you need to know before you apply
- All applicants must be fluent in English
- Make sure you are able to attend the Booster Program with two representatives.
- Application and, if applicable, participation in the Booster Program is free of charge. See the Terms & Conditions for more details.
Dates & Selection procedure
- For the Products and Services program, applicants need to apply with the Booking.com application form and upload the necessary materials before 29 February 2020.
- Booking.com will review all applicants and make a shortlist.
- If shortlisted, you will also be asked to participate in a phone interview.
- Booking,com will announce the selected participants at least 6 weeks prior to the start date of the Booster Program.
- If selected to join the program, you will have to submit requested due diligence documentation on which your participation is pending.
- The 10-day program will take place from May 6 to May 15, 2020