Finding the right mentor can be tricky. How do you know who to turn to? Do you just ask the smartest or most senior person you know in your industry? Not so quick. The needs of you and your startup are specific. Understanding those needs is your best starting point. Finding a mentor who is a good fit for your business is not as hard as finding a needle in a haystack but it’s also not a one size fits all situation. So, what are those all-important considerations you need to keep in mind? Let’s find out.
- Hamidah Thanawala (mentor)
- Trudi Haemmerli (mentor)
- Bhavna Saraf (mentor)
- Ozaal Zesha (mentee) Chief Executive Officer of ClassNotes
- Sethebe Manake (mentee) Founder of Vantage Properties
- To what extent do you think that the industry or sector that a startup is operating in should influence the choice of mentor to approach?
- The rate of change in industries and sectors is now at a rate never seen before. Should this influence a startups choice of mentor?