This Wednesday, March 18, ecosystem innovators from across Africa will share their insights at the 2015 Global Entrepreneurship Congress in Milan, Italy, “the premier inter-disciplinary gathering of startup champions from around the world”. Check out the names below.
In the session “Building Cohesive Entrepreneurial Ecosystems for Africa”, experts and practitioners will present the efforts they are making to bring their countries’ entrepreneurial ecosystems together to better support the entrepreneur. African and international speakers will provide a range of solutions to consider. The session is presented by Global Entrepreneurship Network and the LIONS@FRICA partnership, in which VC4Africa is one of the partners. The session takes place on Wednesday, March 18, 4pm to 6pm, at the Brown 2 Venue at the Congress in Milan.
The Global Entrepreneurship Congress is the world’s premier annual gathering of startup champions, with attendees from over 150 countries. The idea of the Congress is to promote cooperation between entrepreneurs across borders, contributing to the creation of successful ventures.
The “Building Cohesive Entrepreneurial Ecosystems for Africa” speakers are:
– Matt Pelton, Former Director, African Leadership Network
– Hana Kefela, LIONS@AFRICA Program Manager, Global Entrepreneurship Week
– Harry Hare, Founder, African eDevelopment Resource Centre and CIO East Africa
– Ben White, Founder, VC4Africa
– Thomas Debass, Deputy Special Representative for Global Partnerships, US Department of State
– Parminder Vir, Director of Entrepreneurship, The Tony Elumelu Foundation
– Michele Rivard, Chief of Staff, U.S. African Development Foundation
– Mario Molteni, Director, ALTIS – Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milano
– Kizito Okechukwu, Executive Head, SEA Africa
– Alicia Robb, Senior Fellow, Kauffman Foundation
Nicholas Vilelle, Director for African Initiatives, Global Entrepreneurship Week