The application window for DEMO 2014 is now open! The applications can be submitted through demoafrica2014.com between March 15th and June 15th 2014.
DEMO Africa is the place where the most innovative companies from African countries come to launch their products and announce to Africa and the world what they have developed. The history-making DEMO Africa 2014 event is scheduled to take place between 22nd and 26th of September at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria.
Terms and Conditions
To be eligible to launch on the DEMO Africa stage applicants MUST have a working product (Not an idea) ready for market and the product must:
- Solve a commercial problem
- Make an impact or change the marketplace into which it is introduced or create a new market
- Have a business plan and a management team capable of delivering the product to market
- Make its public debut at the DEMO Africa conference
- Must be a registered company
Products that are not eligible include:
- Products currently in public distribution, either as a launched product or as a highly publicized beta test;
- Upgrades to an existing product;
- Products entering an already saturated market category with little market differentiation;
- Products that have been widely covered by technology and business media.
Launch categories for DEMO Africa 2014:
Media and Entertainment
Transport and Logistics
Finance and Banking
Water and Sanitation
Waste Management and Recycling
These categories have been created to allow for an all-inclusive application.
Submission of applications that meet the above requirements will be accepted online through demoafrica2014.com between March 15th and June 15th 2014. As done in previous years, the application process is run in collaboration with the VC4Africa community platform.
All the applications will be vetted by a panel of judges comprising experts in Tech and Business who will shortlist the best forty on their ability to link creativity, innovation and effectiveness.
The best forty will have a chance to launch their products to an ecosystem of VCs, investors, tech acquisition specialists, IT buyers and media from across the region and around the globe.