See above the trailer and below the full video “Inside DEMO Africa”. Check it out to get an inside look into last year’s DEMO Africa start-up launch conference, and learn why you should apply for DEMO Africa 2013!
The mini documentary “Inside DEMO Africa 2012” offers a look behind the scenes at last year’s DEMO Africa 2012 conference, held in Nairobi, Kenya on October 24th & 25th, 2012. The video by African tech entrepreneur Jon Gosier and the AppsAfrica team, part of the new web TV series “The Cheetah Code”, features interviews with entrepreneurs, investors and others.
Now the second DEMO Africa 2013 start-up launch conference is coming up! It will be held on 24-25 October 2013 in Nairobi, Kenya. Over the next 2 months you can apply to be a part of DEMO Africa 2013!
DEMO Africa provides a platform for the most innovative technology products from companies across the African continent with the opportunity to launch before a global audience of investors, media, strategic buyers, C-level executives and other entrepreneurs. Check out last year’s 40 selected DEMO Africa 2012 entrepreneurs.
Last year was the first time ever that a DEMO event was hosted on the African soil. In the mean time, the DEMO Africa 2012 alumni have raised an estimated US$ 8 million in investment and/or business value to date. And five out of the 40 companies that launched will be going to participate at DEMO Silicon Valley in October 2013!
This year DEMO Africa will again launch 40 of the most innovative start-ups in Africa and highlight some of the best new technology innovations from across the continent.
To be eligible to launch products you must solve a real commercial problem; make an impact or change the marketplace into which it is introduced or create a new market; have a business plan and a management team capable of delivering the product to market; and make its public debut at the DEMO Africa conference. Not sure if you’re eligible? See the full requirements. Entrepreneurs can apply to participate in DEMO Africa at www.DEMOAfrica2013.com.
Reasons to apply for a launch at DEMO Africa:
• DEMO’s track record of success, scholarship opportunities, turnkey services and exposure to the entire tech ecosystem of VCs, investors, IT buyers and the global IT press
• PR support and communications training with a public relations specialist
• Demonstrator presentation review with a professional coach
• Technical rehearsal with the DEMO Africa production team
• On-stage rehearsal and feedback
• On-site demonstration coach
• Post-event promotion of launch video on DEMO Africa site
• Showcase sponsorship at international DEMO Africa event: DEMO’s international launch events will take place in United States, Singapore, China and Brazil. As part of your demonstrator package, you are invited to any of these events.
Companies selected to participate at DEMO will receive:
• Ninety second pitch opportunity to the entire DEMO audience
• Kiosk space in the DEMO pavilion
• Two passes to attend DEMO
• Extensive promotional support on site and after the event on demo.com
Judges assess DEMO applicants along 5 criteria:
• Overall quality of presentation
• Efforts to innovate a solution to a difficult problem
• Their potential to scale the solution
• Applying a viable business model
• Investor readiness
Apply on www.DEMOAfrica2013.com.