Join the Impact Investment Trip to Uganda | March 20 – 24
Uganda is an increasingly attractive destination for foreign investments. With a highly liberalized economy, free movement of capital to and from the country and an average GDP growth of 5.5% per year (World Bank), Uganda is the perfect place to explore investment opportunities first-hand. Are you interested in investing in Uganda? Join our upcoming investor trip from 20-24 March 2017.
About the trip
In this five-day investor trip we offer potential investors the opportunity to visit a number of pre-selected and well-prepared businesses from BiD Network’s portfolio. The trip also provides you the opportunity to meet with other stakeholders in the investment environment, including the Uganda Investment Authority, Dutch embassy, local investors and banks. Moreover, it enables you to share knowledge and possibly co-invest with other like-minded investors.
The selected businesses operate in different sectors, including agriculture, health, renewable energy and financial services. They have one common denominator: they are high-potential and all have a positive impact on their communities, be it via job creation or a product or service that makes life better or easier. All businesses have been selected based on their annual turnover (>$100,000), proof of market, the scalability of their business model and the management capacities of the entrepreneurial team. All businesses have audited financial statements.
Why you should join:
- Unique opportunity to personally meet Ugandan entrepreneurs and visit their venues
- Opportunity to create a positive impact on Ugandan society
- Network, and potentially co-invest, with a group of like-minded investors
- Meet other stakeholders in the investment environment of Uganda
- The trip includes two masterclasses in the Netherlands to make most out of the trip:
A pre-deal masterclass which explains you more about the investment process (screening, due diligence, structuring and negotiation)
And a post-deal masterclass (managing the investment, monitoring and exiting)
Costs of the trip
The all-in costs of the investor trip are € 3,000*. This includes all accommodation, logistics, and all meals, but excludes flights and VAT.
Sign up before February 15
Interested in joining this year’s trip? Register before February 15. More information and registration via Bidnetwork. For any additional questions about the investor trip, please send an email to Laura Smeets at email@example.com.
* For Dutch businesses there is the possibility to apply for a ‘missie voucher’ to cover 50% of the costs of the trip, for a maximum amount of €1,500. Check the website of RVO for more information about the missie vouchers.