Building on what we’ve learned from developing The Shoe That Grows, the Because Accelerator is designed to help entrepreneurs take their innovative products to the next level.
If you have a manufactured product that will improve lives and create local jobs, this is for you.
This free program has four primary components.
- Training: A 16-week, online curriculum covers topics common to startups and illustrated by Because International’s experience with our own social enterprise startup, The Shoe That Grows.
- Coaching: At the beginning of the 16-week cohort, each entrepreneur is matched with an experienced coach who will mentor them during the program and beyond.
- Networking: Entrepreneurs network with members of their cohort, alumni of the Because Accelerator and the Because Advisor Network—a group of subject matter experts with connections worldwide.
- Funding: We’ve linked entrepreneurs to thousands of dollars in funding over the last two years. At the end of the cohort, entrepreneurs have the opportunity to compete in a pitch event for a cash prize.
2023 Cohort details
Drawing from what we’ve learned in bringing our own manufactured product to market, the Because Accelerator is designed for an entrepreneur who is in the early to middle stages of product development. The program is uniquely focused on overcoming the challenges to developing affordable manufactured products which have proven market attractiveness and are ready to aim for production at scale. This training will be beneficial for both entrepreneurs who are launching their first product, or those who are looking to add something to an existing line. The sessions cover the following concepts:
- Fully understanding the problem
- Stages of product design and development
- Launching a business
- Creating a financial plan
- Developing a marketing and sales plan
- Setting and achieving growth goals
Upon completion, entrepreneurs will have a written business plan, a polished pitch ready to share with potential investors, progress towards or completion of a next level goal and an opportunity to participate in an annual pitch competition.
|Targets||Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean|
|Sectors||Retail and wholesale, Water, sanitation and hygiene|
1. No Poverty, 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth