What is AWE?
The Academy of Women’s Entrepreneurs is an educational opportunity to help strengthen female entrepreneurship through business trainings using DreamBuilder, as well as providing complementary workshops/talks with guest experts, mentorship and personalized follow-up, networking and growth opportunities.
AWE (AWE) is an initiative of the State Department’s Office of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) in favor of women’s empowerment around the world. In Bolivia, AWE is powered by the U.S. Embassy.
What is DreamBuilder?
DreamBuilder is a series of virtual business courses. The aim of the programme is to help women entrepreneurs achieve success. The program’s courses cover the basics of starting a business, as well as relevant thematic areas, such as marketing, finance, and accounting.
In addition to interactive courses, participants have access to useful tools and templates.
Requirements for postulating
- Being a 25-year-old Bolivian woman (no age limit).
- Being in the city of Cochabamba.
- Having a startup of any item for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 3 years (no need to have a formalized company).
- Having access to the internet and knowledge of basic computing.
- Commitment and availability of minimally 5 hours a week from March to June.
- Not having received prior training in business.
- Being committed to your entrepreneurship, willing to share knowledge and desire to overcome.
- Fill out the single application form
AWE benefits and awards
- Prize of 1000 $us for 3 winners.
- Access to the AWE Bolivia fair.
- U.S. Thunderbird University Certificate.
- Comprehensive business training and personalized business plan.
- Network of contacts and additional management tools.
- Belong to a community of support among women.