Africa Tech Now is the #1 event showcasing the African entrepreneurship ecosystem at International CES 2017, promoting the continent as the next digital and innovation hub.
AFRICA TECH NOW VILLAGE will offer promising African Startups the ability to demonstrate their innovations during the show. Being the world’s largest tech event, CES is an incredible place to get exclusive access to investors, buyers, clients and business partners. Is your startup driving the digital future of Africa? Take your chance and apply now!
The competition is open to technology start-ups based in Africa with the aim of selecting the most promising ones. The selected start-ups will have the unique opportunity to exhibit their tech innovations in Las Vegas and get international exposure. The applications will be reviewed by a panel of international experts who will select the 10 best start-ups. The winners will be announce at the end of September.
- Before CES: workshop trainings;
- At CES: Participation as an exhibitor or a visitor; Invitation to VIP networking events.
THE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Your start-up must be a registered company not older than 3 years
- Your product / service / app must be a ground-breaking innovation.
- Your product / service / app must be applicable to the consumer technology space.
- Your innovation should be in the following fields : IOT, Robotics, Drones, 3D printing, E-health, EdTech, virtual reality, E-commerce, Cloud computing, App economy.
- Special attention will be given to “Tech changing the world” innovations : innovations contributing to sustainability & inclusion.
- Special attention will also be given to start-ups that stand out in the field of Transport, Tourism & Technology. Air France as a partner will offer flight tickets to 3 start-ups among the 10 selected as part of the Air France Award.
Download the terms and conditions for the Africa Tech Now competition.
ABOUT AFRICA TECH NOW
Africa Tech Now is the #1 event showcasing the African tech ecosystem at International CES.
Air France is joining this initiative as a partner.
|Application deadline||August 31|
|Program dates||January 5 - January 8, 2017|
|Organizer||Africa Tech NowEvent Organizer|
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, United States|
|Targets||Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
|Sectors||Computer hardware, Computer software, E-commerce, Electronics, Mobile|