|Application deadline||Feb 5|
|Targets||Burkina Faso, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
Dear Entrepreneurs, are you ready to apply for the third edition of the AFIDBA program? Apply until February 5, 2021 at one of our partner incubators!
Why apply to AFIDBA?
AFIDBA is a support program dedicated to inclusive businesses in the acceleration phase and active in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Morocco or Senegal. By inclusive we mean integrating into their model vulnerable populations with very low income, with little or no access to essential goods & services.
- Are you a committed and visionary entrepreneur running an impact business?
- Does your company already generate revenue and do you want to take it to the next level?
- Are you looking to boost your activities and develop your business?
- Do you work closely with vulnerable communities?
- Are you helping to improve the living conditions of vulnerable populations?
- Are you available for 1-2 appointments a week for 6 months to attend the AFIDBA Acceleration Program?
Apply until February 5, 2021 at one of our partner incubators!
La Fabrique – Burkina Faso
La Fabrique is an incubator dedicated to co-building social and responsible businesses in West Africa. As an AFIDBA partner incubator in Burkina Faso, La Fabrique is responsible for the local implementation of the program.
For more information: lafabrique-bf.com
Makesense – Senegal
Makesense is a global community that connects engaged citizens, entrepreneurs and organizations to build an inclusive and sustainable society together. As an AFIDBA partner incubator in Senegal, Makesense is responsible for the local implementation of the program.
For more information: africa.makesense.org
Impact Lab – Maroc
Impact Lab is a pioneer in the Kingdom of Morocco, with a large international network of innovation and start-up acceleration ecosystems. As an AFIDBA partner incubator in Morocco, Impact Lab is responsible for the local implementation of the program.
For more information: impactlab.africa
Innohub – Ghana
Innohub is an investment platform and a business and impact accelerator that supports SMEs with high growth potential. As an AFIDBA partner incubator in Ghana, Innohub is responsible for the local implementation of the program.
For more information: innohub.com
AFIDBA 2021 benefits:
- On average, 10 candidates (pre-selected on the basis of their application file) to participate in a 5-week bootcamp organized in each of the 4 countries concerned by the call. These bootcamps will be organized by incubators in each country.
- On average, 5 laureates (selected on the basis of bootcamp activities and a final pitch) to join the 6-month acceleration program, join the sub-regional community of AFIDBA entrepreneurs and prepare their funding request file (note: funding not guaranteed).
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be of legal age (18 or over) on the date of the launch of the call for candidates;
- Be a citizen of an African country or integrate at least one citizen of an African country into the founding team (with decision-making power over the strategies and operations of the company, as well as a substantial share of share capital);
- Carry out an active project in one of the four countries of intervention (at least), namely, Senegal, Morocco, Burkina Faso or Ghana;
- Be available (founder and his team) and physically present in the country (or digitally in case of confinement measures taken in the country) to regularly follow the entire acceleration program;
- Be the bearer of an inclusive project.