On 25-26 June 2019, Tunis will be hosting the second edition of the Africa Blue Economy Forum (ABEF). The first edition was held in London on 8th June 2018 to discuss the wide range of opportunities emerging from Africa’s aquatic and marine spaces.
Recognizing Blue Economy as a major source of wealth and prosperity for the continent, ABEF 2019 will bring together government officials as well as high-level experts, investors, businesses, policy leaders, international organisations, civil society, public institutions and other opinion leaders to highlight and debate emerging and frontier sectors of the Blue Economy, as well as important social considerations, such as gender mainstreaming, food
and water security, poverty alleviation, wealth retention and job creation. A focus on how to better defeat ocean pollution will emphasize the Blue Economy approach on sustainability and interconnectedness with other sectors.
• Learn more about sustainable economic development and how it can benefit African economies and create jobs
• Meet with Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) and impact investors, decision makers and government officials who can drive scalable, sustainable investment in the ocean
• Discuss policy challenges and frameworks to attract more sustainable investments in the oceans
• Discover investments opportunities and emerging blue industries in the ocean economy
• Build strategic partnerships with the public and private sectors to build sustainable best practices
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Visionary speakers, experts and inspirational leaders
• 150 high-level decision-makers from the public and private sectors
• Action-oriented discussions and commitments
• Presentation of investment opportunities and case studies
• 2 days of networking opportunities
• Media coverage
The Residence Tunis hotel
Rue de la Côte d'Ivoire, La Marsa, Tunisia
Clean technology, Clean technology and energy, Fish farming, Renewable energy, Tourism, Transport and logistics, Waste management and recycling, Water utilities, Wind power